Your GCE Geography course gives you a strong foundation for understanding the two main themes of the subject: Human Geography and Physical Geography. Between them, they are what make our planet work.
Human Geography deals with how people and the environment interact and the way we both exist. It also looks at how people and groups move and live in the world around us. For example, you will learn about what you see in the papers and on the news
every day, including issues of sustainability. Physical Geography on the other hand, is all about the scientific aspects of our world, with an emphasis on how we can manage them.
- GCSE Geography Grade C (Higher Tier)
- GCSE English Grade C
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C
Progression routes from this course
Geography graduates have some of the highest rates of graduate employment. It is great for any kind of career that involves the environment, planning, or collecting and interpreting data. Popular careers for people with geography qualifications include: town or transport planning, surveying, conservation, sustainability, waste and water management, environmental planning, tourism, and weather forecasting.
Geography A Level is also considered by Russell Group universities to be a "facilitating" subject, which means that it can be useful for a whole range of Higher Education courses and will help you keep your options flexible.
- Component 1: Physical geography and people and the environment
- Component 2: Human geography and geography fieldwork investigation
- Component 1: Written paper: 1 hour 30 minutes (Weighting: 50% of AS Award)
- Component 2: Written paper: 1 hour 30 minutes (Weighting: 50% of AS Award)
- Component 1: Physical geography
- Component 2: Human geography
- Component 3: Geographical Investigation
- Component 1: Written paper: 2 hours 30 minutes (Weighting: 40% of A Level Award)
- Component 2: Written Paper: 2 hours 30 minutes (Weighting: 40% of A Level Award)
- Component 3: Internal Assessment (Weighting: 20% of A Level Award)
|A2 level||A*-C: 87% A*-E: 100%||A*-C: 100%||A*-C: 89%|