Year 7 - 11
- Blazer - black Blazer with school badge
- Jumper - optional
- Skirt - only knee length skirts are permitted in the academy. Stretchy or tight fitted skirts are not suitable
- Trousers - plain black tailored trousers. The trousers must have a hem and must not have wide or narrow bottom. Trousers should not be denim, lycra, cord or hipster style. The bottom of the trouser should sit on the shoe and not cling to the leg.
- Shoes - plain black leather style, strong school shoe. No open toe design, trainers, pump or canvas shoes, stilettoes, mules or sling backs. All shoes must have a proper heel not greater than 3cms. Trainers are not permitted. We do not allow boots to be worn as shoes. The open "Dolly" shoe is also not permitted. Any shoe with sport branding will be considered a trainer. A Kickers style show is permitted but lacing and stitching should be plain black. Photos of all acceptable footwear can be found on the academy website.
- Tie - ties must be worn with 6 stripes showing on the outer.
- Outdoor coat - most plain black outdoor coats are acceptable. Casual jackets, tracksuit tops, sweatshirts and hoodies are not permitted. Students should not wear any of these items inside or over their blazer.
We do not allow:
- Hooded sweatshirts, or caps of any description, must not be brought onto the Academy site
- Trainers or boots must not be worn in the Academy
- Scarves must be removed inside the building.
One wristwatch is acceptable.
Students with pierced ears are allowed one pair of PLAIN stud earrings in the lobe of their ears (only one earring per ear). No other piercings are acceptable.
Students are allowed to wear one signet ring.
Jewellery must be removed for PE and handed to a member of staff for safe keeping.
If a student is not in full uniform, they will be placed in House Reflection until they are back in the correct uniform.
Nail Varnish extensions
Coloured nail varnish and extensions are not allowed.
Hair can only be dyed a natural colour. Hair styles must not be extreme and should be conservative in design.
Make-up is not allowed for any student. Students who choose to wear make-up to school will be asked to remove it before entering lessons.
Download our Uniform Policy [pdf, 332 KB]
Post 16 Dress Code
|Tailored trousers||Jeans (including black jeans/jeggings)|
|Shirt (tie is optional)||T-shirts without a collar|
|Suit jacket||Clothes with logos on|
|Skirt (knee length or longer)||Jogging bottoms, Leggings|
|Smart shoes with a small heel||Trainers|
|Clothes that are acceptable as office wear will be acceptable in Salter Sixth.||Revealing tops (low bust, strappy or off the shoulder). Mini skirts|
School Uniform Voucher
Are you Eligible?
Do you live in Sandwell and receive *qualifying benefits?
Will your child be in Reception (Primary) or years 7 to 11 (Secondary) in September 2016?
If you have answered yes then you may qualify for a £20 or £25 voucher towards the cost of your child’s school uniform.
*Qualifying benefits include:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based Only)
- Child Tax Credit, with an annual income not exceeding £16,190
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income related only)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (Inc. Child Tax Credit)
To apply go to www.sandwell.gov.uk/schoolclothing
Sandwell libraries have free to use computers with internet access and can be used straightaway after joining.
You can also apply using selected Android/iPhone compatible devices.