|Tweets by GSAsafeguarding|
Safeguarding is a term which is broader than "child protection" and relates to the actions taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
As an Academy we take our role of safeguarding our staff and students very seriously. We believe the following resources and links will support you as a Parent / Carer to ensure we work together to keep your children safe.
George Salter Academy uses Impero Education Pro to actively protecting our students from a host of online dangers.
Through this comprehensive online safety monitoring, we are complying with the recent changes to the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance.
- http://parentinfo.org/ Parent Info provides high quality information to parents and carers across a wide range of subject matter, from difficult topics about sex, relationships and the internet or body image and peer pressure to broader parenting topics like "how much sleep do teenagers need?"
- https://ceop.police.uk/ The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) works across the UK tackling child sex abuse and providing advice for parents, young people and children about internet safety and online safety.
- Working together to Safeguard Children (HM Government, 2015.03) [pdf 1.6 MB]
- Keeping Children safe in Education - part 1 (DoE, 2016.06) [pdf 331 KB]
- Keeping Children safe in Education (DoE, 2016.09) [pdf, 830 KB]
- GSA Keep safe on Facebook [pdf, 1583 KB]
- GSA Attendance Policy [pdf, 282 KB]
- GSA Safeguarding Statement [pdf, 99 KB]
- GSA Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy [pdf, 419 KB]
- GSA e-Safety Policy [pdf 386 KB]
- Children missing Education [pdf, 277 KB]
- Personal Electronic Devices Policy [pdf, 392 KB]
- GSA Radicalisation and Extremism Prevention Policy [pdf, 479 KB]
- GSA Search, Confiscation and Screening Policy [pdf, 59 KB]
- GSA Staff Code of Conduct [pdf, 362 KB]
- GSA Use of Photography and Video Policy [pdf, 354 KB]
- GSA Whistleblowing Policy [pdf, 123 KB]
- GSA Parent Safeguarding Bulletin 1 (May 2016) [pdf, 362 KB]
- GSA Parent Safeguarding Bulletin 2 (June 2016) [pdf, 164 KB]
- GSA Staff Safeguarding Bulletin 1 (April 2016) [pdf, 325 KB]
- GSA Staff Safeguarding Bulletin 2 (May 2016) [pdf, 448 KB]
- GSA Staff Safeguarding Bulletin 3 (September 2016) [pdf, 559 KB]
- GSA Staff Safeguarding Bulletin 4 (November 2016) [pdf, 457 KB]
- GSA Staff Safeguarding Bulletin 5 (February 2017) [pdf, 1.8 MB]
Information for Parents
- CME - A child missing from education [pdf, 174 KB]
- Domestic violence [pdf, 169 KB]
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) [pdf, 140 KB]
- Forced marriage [pdf, 174 KB]
- Gangs and Youth violence [pdf, 443 KB]
- Gender-based violence [pdf, 139 KB]
- Mental health [pdf, 297 KB]
- Missing from home or care [pdf, 231 KB]
- Private fostering [pdf, 142 KB]
- Radicalisation [pdf, 265 KB]
- Sexting [pdf, 224 KB]
- Teenage relationship abuse [pdf, 449 KB]
- Trafficking [pdf, 148 KB]