Report abuse - click the button!
CEOP is a law enforcement agency and is here to help keep children and young people safe from sexual abuse and grooming online. We help thousands of children and young people every year who have been in a similar situation to you.
We are here to help and give you advice, and you can make a report directly to us if something has happened online which has made you feel unsafe, scared or worried. This might be from someone you know in real life, or someone you have only ever met online.
If you make a report to us it will be read by one of our Child Protection Advisors who will get in contact with you on the phone number or email address that you give to us to make sure that you are safe. They will also discuss with you what will happen next. Please try not to worry, you have done nothing wrong and we will do all we can to help you.
|Tweets by GSAsafeguarding|
Safeguarding is a term which is broader than "child protection" and relates to the actions taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
As an Academy we take our role of safeguarding our staff and students very seriously. We believe the following resources and links will support you as a Parent / Carer to ensure we work together to keep your children safe.
George Salter Academy uses Impero Education Pro to actively protecting our students from a host of online dangers.
Through this comprehensive online safety monitoring, we are complying with the recent changes to the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance.
- http://parentinfo.org/ Parent Info provides high quality information to parents and carers across a wide range of subject matter, from difficult topics about sex, relationships and the internet or body image and peer pressure to broader parenting topics like "how much sleep do teenagers need?"
- https://ceop.police.uk/ The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) works across the UK tackling child sex abuse and providing advice for parents, young people and children about internet safety and online safety.
- Working together to Safeguard Children (HM Government, 2018) [pdf 1.6 MB]
- Keeping Children safe in Education (DoE, 2018) [pdf, 830 KB]
- Children missing Education (DoE, 2016) [pdf, 830 KB]
- GSA Anti-Bullying Policy [pdf, 371 KB]
- GSA Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy [pdf, 419 KB]
- GSA Safeguarding Statement [pdf, 99 KB]
- GSA Radicalisation and Extremism Prevention Policy [pdf, 479 KB]