Our Extra-curricular Clubs
At George Salter Academy we know that every child is different and therefore has different interests and hobbies. Our whole school extra curricular programme continues to introduce hundreds of students to new clubs, developing their skills in these areas every year!
Following our successful launch of our Extra-Curricular Fair that took place at the start of this year, all students are aware of exactly what is going on in each department and when. This ranges from extra-curricular activities, trips and inter-house competitions.
Why get involved?
We think that students should get involved in clubs for numerous reasons:
- Finding a subject they love and can't get enough of
- Learning new skills or developing existing ones
- Enhancing their cultural capital
- Meeting new friends
- Showing off to the school how good they are
- Winning prizes for taking part
The Duke of Edinburgh Award
At George Salter we offer students from KS4 and KS5 the opportunity to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, the world’s leading youth development programme. The scheme is offered at three levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each of these levels require participants to undertake a commitment to three sections: Volunteering, Skills and Physical. In this booklet you will find activities that are able to count towards each of these sections, helping you to complete all of your DofE Award in the academy. The final section participants are required to complete is Expedition, which will have you planning and undertaking an expedition to explore one of the UKs Areas of Natural Beauty.
Extra-curricular Clubs 2018-2019
Please click the links below to view the latest extra-curricular clubs timetables:
- Monday's Extra-Curricular Clubs [doc, 383 KB]
- Tuesday's Extra-Curricular Clubs [doc, 384 KB]
- Wednesday's Extra-Curricular Clubs [doc, 382 KB]
- Thursday's Extra-Curricular Clubs [doc, 384 KB]
- Friday's Extra-Curricular Clubs [doc, 382 KB]