Transition One Stop
Year 6 Transition Welcome Message
I am really excited that you will soon be joining our GSA family. My name is Mrs Payton and I am the Progress Leader for year 7. My job is to moni tor and track your academic progress throughout the year, offering lots of guidance and support. I will regularly be updated by your teachers and drop into your lessons to see how you are getting on.
This is Miss Jones, who is your Student Welfare Manager for year 7. She will be responsible for your overall welfare and will always be on hand to help you every day.
We will definitely get to know you when you start at George Salter, however so we can get to know you a little now, I have put together a few tasks and questions which you can find on the ‘Transition One Stop’ area of our website. If you could work your way through these, it will not only help us, but it will make sure you have a bit of a head start for when we are ready to welcome you to the academy, when things return to normal. Please stay safe and see you all soon!....
Sandwell Schools Year 6 Transition Preparation Video 2020
Year 6 Transition Questionnaire
Please click on the link below to download a copy of the Year 6 Student Transition Questionnaire:
Please can you fill out the Word document and either:
- Email the completed document to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org If you get an error message "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" then please copy and paste the email address into your email address box (hotmail, gmail etc) manually.
- Hand in the completed document to us at school, when we are able to welcome you to the Academy in person.
Meet your teachers!
Letters From your Form Teachers
Video Messages From your Teachers
Mr Price - GSA Principal
Miss Jones - Year 6 Student Welfare Manager
Mrs Bradley - GSA SENCo
Welcome to the Art Department
Welcome to the Dance Department
Welcome to the Drama Department
Welcome to the Geography Department
Welcome to the History Department
Welcome to the PE Department
Welcome to the Product Design & Engineering Department
Welcome to the Religious Education Department
Welcome to the Science Department
Welcome to the Law Department
New Year 7 Transition Arrangements 2020
We would like to ensure a smooth and enjoyable start for our new Year 7 students and are currently planning a programme of remote transition activities.
Normally, we would have several opportunities in the summer term for students to visit our academy, meet staff and other students, ask questions and generally start to find out all about life at George Salter Academy. Parents would also have the opportunity to attend a parents evening, meet staff and find out about our routines and expectations.
Unfortunately, as you will appreciate, we are in very unusual circumstances this year and Year 6 pupils and their families are not able to visit George Salter Academy this term. However, we are determined to find new ways of enabling our new families to become more familiar with our academy. This is not ideal, but is the same for all secondary schools across the Sandwell local authority. Our staff are currently liaising remotely with staff in your child’s primary school to find out a little more about each and every one of our new students so we can make sure we have all the information we need to enable a successful start for your child.
With all of this in mind, please share with your children the videos from the Principal, Adrian Price, Year 7 Progress Leader Mrs Payton, Student Welfare Manager Miss Jones, alongside an opportunity to meet some of our teachers.
Please complete and return all forms to: email@example.com If you get an error message "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" then please copy and paste the email address into your email address box (hotmail, gmail etc) manually.
Our Transition Programme will ensure new students feel happy, settled and secure from their very first day at secondary school. It is extremely important we get to know every student who starts at GSA as quickly as possible. To help us gather all the relevant information, you will soon receive an email with a link to our admission forms or you can download them, using the link above. Please complete these as soon as possible and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you get an error message "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" then please copy and paste the email address into your email address box (hotmail, gmail etc) manually.
We have a number of phases to help ensure the best possible transition process:
- Students with additional needs and those joining GSA on their own from their primary school, will be invited to attend an extra small group visit during w/c July 6th and 13th, allowing for students to feel familiar with our school and some staff before the September Induction Days. Members of the SEND team will be on hand, to ensure a smooth transition to help reduce unnecessary stress
- We are planning to reserve some Induction days in the September just for year 7. They will start their time at GSA in a safe, calm environment, spend time with their form tutor and some of their tutor group, receive their timetable and find more information about life at the academy.
- Early in the new school year, we hope to have a ‘Settling in’ evening for parents to ask questions and be able to put a name to key faces.