Maths, Music, Geography, Art, History and Languages are delivered in a selection of local partner schools, including:
- St. John Bosco Catholic Primary School
- Ryders Green Primary School
- Lodge Primary School
- Newtown Primary School
These are all Primary schools in the West Bromwich Central Learning Community (WBCLC).
Our partnership with Sandwell Arts Service has yielded a media/drama after school project with external artists, funded entirely by the Council’s Art Service (Gary Morris).
In every holiday period there is at least one external organisation that delivers targeted activities to our students, from external sports providers to performing/creative arts organisations.
In addition, there is extensive partnership working in the Post 16 consortium, consisting of OSCA, Bristnall Hall Academy, Stuart Bathurst Catholic High School and led by GSA.
- Hateley Heath Primary School – Catering Service
- Access for Children Childrens Centre (formerly Greets Green Childrens Centre) – Site Managements, Cleaning and Security
- GSA’s Health & Safety Officer provides 2 days support to Phoenix Collegiate
- GSA’s HR Director provides support to the Ormiston Academies Trust, Hateley Heath Primary and Black Heath Primary
As a community facility, we are open from 5.00pm-10.00pm weeknights and 9.00am-9.00pm at weekends, 51 weeks per year. This ensures we are seen in the community as being accessible and approachable.
The partnerships below are examples of how we engage with others in the local and wider community. There are financial obligations between the above partners in excess of £300,000 per annum.
- Swan Village Residents Association
- The Albion Foundation
- Robinson Brothers - GSA Science Department are supporting Robinson Brothers with their staff training on a weekly basis
- Robinson Brothers have recruited 2 Post 16 "interns" from GSA's 6th form on 12 month work placements
- On July 11th 2015, GSA held a Summer Fayre including several Community Partners. The event culminated in a performance of the set performed by GSA students on their residential to Paris that took place in June 2015.
- A number of our regular community users are "partners" as they do more than just hire the facilities. For example, West Bromwich Netball Club provide targeted coaching in lesson time and after school, as do West Bromwich Basketball Club.
- The Lions of Punjab Bhangra dance organisation support our flexible learning programmes when appropriate.