Subjects offered at George Salter Academy:
- Accounting (A Level)
- Applied Law (BTEC)
- Applied Science (BTEC)
- Art & Design and Photography (A Level)
- Biology (A Level)
- Business (BTEC)
- Chemistry (A Level)
- Children's Play, Learning and Development (BTEC)
- Core Maths (Level 3)
- Dance (A Level)
- Design and Technology: Product Design (A Level)
- Drama (A Level)
- English Literature (A Level)
- Film studies (A Level)
- Food Science and Nutrition
- French or Spanish (A Level)
- Geography (A Level)
- Health and Social Care (BTEC)
- History (A Level)
- Information Technology (BTEC)
- Law (A Level)
- Mathematics (Level 2)
- Mathematics (A Level)
- Music (A Level)
- Music (Performing) (RSL Level 3)
- Music (Technology) (A Level)
- Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) (BTEC)
- Performing Arts (Acting or Dance) (BTEC)
- Physical Education (A Level)
- Physics (A Level)
- Psychology (A Level)
- Religious Education (A Level)
- Sociology (A Level)
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) (BTEC)
- Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
Choosing your Subjects
Students should make their Post-16 subject choices very carefully. All students should answer these ten questions when making their choices.
- What subjects are you good at?
- What subjects do you enjoy?
- Do you have a good range of subjects?
- What do you want to do in future?
- What subjects do you need to get into University or Employment?
- Are you best at exams or coursework?
- What do your parents think?
- What do your teachers think?
- Are you likely to need to resit GCSE English or Maths?
- Do your subjects complement each other?
Although most of our students take traditional A-levels, some take BTECs or Applied A-levels. At George Salter, all students are given individual programmes of study which combine academic and vocational subjects.