We realise that your decision about where to study after your GCSEs is a difficult one. It is vital that you make an informed decision, so you should try and find out as much as you can about all the places you are considering.
You should be thinking about:
- Results achieved over time
- Destinations of past students
- Subjects offered
- Care, support and guidance given to students
- Opportunities open to students
- Growth and popularity of the sixth form
If you decide to apply for a place at George Salter Academy you should:
- Find out as much as you can, through the open evening, the website, students already studying there and staff. If you wish, you can request a visit during the day time to see the Sixth Form on a regular day, as it really is.
- Complete the application form, and either send it to us electronically, or as a hard copy.
- Attend an interview with your parents. Interviews are generally held after school or at weekends, so that you don’t have to miss school.
- Attend the taster week, to experience life as a Sixth Form student at George Salter Academy, and to try the subjects you plan to study in 2017-2018.
We do not give admission priority to any schools.
Students who wish to join George Salter Academy Post-16 need to be aware of the following key dates:
31st January 2018 – Deadline for applications
27th April 2018 – Confirmation of Offer
4th July 2018 - Induction Day (for all students who are attending GSA 6th form); Confirmation of subjects and instructions for taster days; 9am -10.30am (A-M), 12-1.30pm (N-Z)
9th July - 12th July 2018 - Taster Week (for all students who are attending GSA 6th form); 8.40am - 3pm
23rd August 2018 - GCSE Results Day
Download Application Form
Application form for a Post-16 Student Place in September 2018
Please download and fill in the Post-16 application form [pdf, 201 KB] and send either electronically to:
or print out and send by post to:
George Salter Academy
Deadline for all returns: 31st January 2018
Open Evening & Parent Evenings
The Post-16 Open Evening will be held on Wednesday, 11 October 2017, 5.45pm - 8pm.
The next Post 16 Parents’ Evenings will be held:
- Wednesday 28th March 2018, 5pm - 7.30pm – Year 12 & Year 13 Parents' Evening
- Wednesday 11th July 2018, 5pm - 7.30pm – Year 12 Parents' Evening
Download our Post-16 Prospectus [pdf, 3.7 MB]
As a Sixth Form with an excellent reputation and track record,our motto "Success Through Endeavour" is testament to the outstanding results students have achieved with the dedicated support of exceptional staff. We are absolutely delighted to be at the forefront of new reforms, through being one of the flagship sixth forms for Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT). We are leading developments across over 15 different Academies nationally and being recognised as outstanding by Ofsted.
We are able to offer students contemporary, purpose-designed accommodation with specialist classrooms. We offer outstanding teaching from a team of highly-qualified teachers with a proven track record of success, many of whom are also examiners. Our Sixth Form support team are skilled and experienced in areas such as UCAS, Russell Group applications, Oxbridge preparation and employment & training opportunities.
Universities, training institutions and employers look very favourably upon students who have taken the opportunity to challenge themselves and expand both their knowledge and experiences, and we offer a full range of opportunities to address this. Enrichment opportunities include the Extended Project Qualification and leadership qualifications as well as universitybased masterclasses. Equally, we offer numerous opportunities for students to take part in our extensive electives programme which includes work experience, the Duke of Edinburgh Award, charity fundraising, drama and sport to name just a few. We look forward to meeting you and discussing how Salter Sixth can help you achieve your goals.
For more information look at our prospectus online, with information about the curriculum, how to apply or other aspects of our Post-16 provision, or download a pdf version: Post-16 Prospectus [pdf, 3.7 MB]