We realise that your decision about where to study after your GCSEs is a difficult one. It is vital that you make an informed decision, so you should try and find out as much as you can about all the places you are considering.
You should be thinking about:
- Results achieved over time
- Destinations of past students
- Subjects offered
- Care, support and guidance given to students
- Opportunities open to students
- Growth and popularity of the sixth form
If you decide to apply for a place at George Salter Academy you should:
- Find out as much as you can, through the open evening, the website, students already studying there and staff. If you wish, you can request a visit during the day time to see the Sixth Form on a regular day, as it really is.
- Complete the application form, and either send it to us electronically, or as a hard copy.
- Attend an interview with your parents. Interviews are generally held after school or at weekends, so that you don’t have to miss school.
- Experience life as a Sixth Form student at George Salter Academy, and to try the subjects you plan to study in 2018-2019.
We do not give admission priority to any schools.
Students who wish to join George Salter Academy Post-16 need to be aware of the following key dates:
31st January 2019 – Deadline for applications
1st May 2019 – Confirmation of Offer
8th July - 10th July 2019 - Taster Week (for all students who are attending GSA 6th form); 8.40am - 3pm
22nd August 2019 - GCSE Results Day
Download Application Form
Application form for a Post-16 Student Place in September 2018
Please download and fill in the Post-16 application form [pdf, 201 KB] and send either electronically to:
or print out and send by post to:
George Salter Academy
Deadline for all returns: 31st January 2019
Open Evening & Parent Evenings
The Post-16 Open Evening will be held on Wednesday, 14th November 2018, 5pm - 7.30pm.
Post 16 Parents & Academic evenings:
- Wednesday 24th October 2018, 5pm - 7.30pm – Year 12 & 13 - Parents' Evening
- Wednesday 21st November 2019, 5pm - 7.30pm – Year 12 & 13 - Academic Evening
- Wednesday 23rd January 2019, 5pm - 7.30pm – Year 13 - Parents' Evening
- Wednesday 27th February 2019, 5pm - 7.30pm - Year 12 & 13 Parents' Evening
Download our Post-16 Prospectus [pdf, 3.6 MB]
Making decisions about your future is always difficult but is also key to future success. Salter Sixth is an established and distinctive part of George Salter Academy and is able to offer a unique experience for young people which combines the flexibility and independence of a college education with the support, range of opportunities and continuity of a school sixth form. It provides a structured, stable and focussed approach to Post 16 learning.
Our Sixth Form deserves its excellent reputation and track record. The outstanding results which students have achieved with the dedicated support of exceptional staff, is testament to our motto "Success Through Endeavour". We are absolutely delighted to be at the forefront of new reforms as one of the flagship sixth forms for Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT).
Students have a unique opportunity at Salter Sixth; they can study just A Levels, mix A Levels with BTEC/vocational qualifications, follow a tailored vocational pathway in a specialist subject or create a programme of more than one vocational subject. There really is a lot of variety on offer, which we believe enables students to create a programme of study that they will not only enjoy, but is unique to them.
We are able to offer students contemporary, purpose-designed accommodation with specialist classrooms. We offer outstanding teaching from a team of highly-qualified teachers with a proven track record of success, many of whom are also examiners. Our Sixth Form support team are skilled and experienced in areas such as University Application (UCAS), applications to Russell Group universities, including Oxford and Cambridge, preparation for employment and training opportunities.
Universities, training institutions and employers look very favourably upon students who have taken the opportunity to challenge themselves and expand both their knowledge and experiences, and we offer a full range of opportunities to address this. Enrichment opportunities include the Extended Project Qualification, leadership qualifications as well as university-based masterclasses. Equally, we offer numerous opportunities for students to take part in our extensive electives programme which includes work experience, the Duke of Edinburgh Award, charity fundraising, drama and sport to name just a few.
We look forward to meeting you and discussing how Salter Sixth can help you achieve your goals.
For more information look at our prospectus online, with information about the curriculum, how to apply or other aspects of our Post-16 provision, or download a pdf version: Post-16 Prospectus [pdf, 3.6 MB]