RSL Level 3 - Subsidiary Diploma
The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma provides music industry qualifications that will equip learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding for entry to employment in the music industry or progression to further study at a higher level.
The qualification aims to offer practical structured learning with the flexibility to specialise in different disciplines directly relevant to employment within the music industry.
Those on the Performance pathway undertake one externally assessed core unit ("Rehearsal & Performance").
In addition all learners take an internally assessed core unit (Planning a Career in Music) together with a number of optional units that can develop their skills and understanding of musicianship, repertoire, rehearsal, promotion, and live/recorded performance.
RSL/ Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma for music Practitioners
Grade 4 on an instrument/voice or equivalent
Progression routes from this course
RSL L3 qualifications are for post 16 students wishing to specialise in a specific industry or occupation within the music industry or those that have a love of music and performing. It equips students with the specialist knowledge and skills, enabling entry to employment or progress to a related higher educational course.
- Unit 363: Session Musician
- Unit 322: Music instrument development
- Unit 304: Composing music (styles) or
- Unit 385: Improving instrumental performance
- Unit 365: Auditioning for Music
- Unit: 387: Rehearsal Skills & Live Musiv Performance
- Unit: 349: Auditioning for Music
Assessment (maximum 90 credits)
- Unit 363: internal assessment; 10 credits
- Unit 322: internal assessment; 5 credits
- Unit 304: internal assessment; 15 credits
- Unit 385: internal assessment; 15 credits
- Unit 365: internal assessment; 15 credits
- Unit 387: external assessment (core); 30 credits
- Unit 349: internal assessment (core); 15 credits
|RSL Level 3||not offered||not offered||not offered|