Children's Play, Learning and Development
BTEC, National Extended Certificate (equivalent to one A Level)
This course provides robust opportunities for learners to gain knowledge and understanding of a wide range of subject areas relating to children’s play, learning and development.
- BTEC Tech award or similar in Care related subject
- GCSE equivalent to 5 passes at level 4 or above these must include English and Maths
Progression routes from this course
- Entry to Degree programs in care pathways, such as Children’s Nursing, Speech and Language therapist.
- Teaching pathways, into early years teaching, social support for children.
These are only a few of the range of possibilities.
- Children's Development
- Development of children's communication, literacy & numeracy
- Play & Learning
- Keeping children safe
- 1 exam
- 1 board marked task
- 2 assignments
- 50 hours work placement
|BTEC Level 3 - Child Development||75% D*-M
|100% Distinction||100% D-P|