BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate - new from 2017
The BTEC in Applied Law offers an exciting alternative to anyone interested in studying Law, but who prefers a course with some coursework assignments rather than exams. This fascinating course allows students to explore Law and the legal system through practical activities and by applying the law to scenarios. Students will study key aspects of the English legal system, how laws are made, and areas of criminal and civil law. Students will develop their interest for Law through seeing the legal system in action.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Applied Law
No prior knowledge of the subject is required. It is recommended that candidates have attained communication and literacy skills at a level equivalent to GCSE grade 5 in English.
Progression routes from this course
Applied Law can enhance your chances of being accepted into university. It is also a useful subject for students wishing to go into employment at the end of Sixth Form. This qualification provides a good foundation to move on to law-related careers such as a legal secretary or progression to the Institute of Legal Executives exams. It can also contribute to progression to higher education courses such as criminology or business studies.
Year 12 modules/units
- Unit 1: Dispute Solving in the Civil Law
- Unit 2: Investigating Aspects of Criminal Law and the Legal System
Year 12 assessment
- Unit 1: Dispute Solving in the Civil Law - Controlled Conditions Assessment – Externally Assessed, Weighting: 25% of Extended Certificate
- Unit 2: Investigating Aspects of Criminal Law and the Legal System – Coursework Assessment – Internally Assessed, Weighting: 25% of Extended Certificate
Year 13 modules/units
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Law
- Unit 3: Applying the Law
- Unit 4: Aspects of Tort
Year 13 assessment
- Unit 3: Applying the Law – Controlled Conditions Assessment – Externally Assessed, Weighting: 33.3% of Extended Certificate
- Unit 4: Aspects of Tort - Coursework Assessment – Internally Assessed, Weighting: 16.7%
|BTEC Law||not offered||100% D*-M||100% D*-M|