We realise that your decision about where to study after your GCSEs is a difficult one. It is vital that you make an informed decision, so you should try and find out as much as you can about all the places you are considering.
You should be thinking about:
- Results achieved over time
- Destinations of past students
- Subjects offered
- Care, support and guidance given to students
- Opportunities open to students
- Growth and popularity of the sixth form
If you decide to apply for a place at George Salter Academy you should:
- Find out as much as you can, through the open evening, the website, students already studying there and staff. If you wish, you can request a visit during the day time to see the Sixth Form on a regular day, as it really is.
- Complete the application form, and either send it to us electronically, or as a hard copy.
- Attend an interview with your parents. Interviews are generally held after school or at weekends, so that you don’t have to miss school.
- Attend the taster week, to experience life as a Sixth Form student at George Salter Academy, and to try the subjects you plan to study in 2017-2018.
We do not give admission priority to any schools.
Students who wish to join George Salter Academy Post-16 need to be aware of the following key dates:
31st January 2017 – Deadline for applications
24th April 2017 – Confirmation of Offer
3rd July - 7th July 2017 - Taster Week
24th August 2017 - GCSE Results Day
Download Application Form
Application form for a Post-16 Student Place in September 2017
Please download and fill in the Post-16 application form [pdf, 201 KB] and send either electronically to:
or print out and send by post to:
George Salter Academy
Deadline for all returns: 31st January 2018
Open Evening & Parent Evenings
The Post-16 Open Evening will be held on Wednesday, 11 October 2017, 6-8pm.
Look at our prospectus online, with information about the curriculum, how to apply or other aspects of our Post-16 provision, or download a pdf version: Post-16 Prospectus [pdf, 3.7 MB]